Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Hope

While I love to see Bush eventually convicted of war crimes for authorizing torture (or at least Cheney), I really doubt that will happen, so my hope for the upcoming years and decades is a simple one regarding W:

I hope he lives long enough to see that history will not judge him kindly, that he really was one of the worst presidents this country has ever had.

Bush is a pretty young guy, and has stayed in shape. He's going to be around awhile. Every time they get all the living presidents together he will have to stand there and look like an idiot, knowing full well that the country views him as a failure. One thing I've enjoyed about the past year or so, when Bush has essentially disappeared, is that the perma-smirk is gone. He knows he did a horrible job, that self-confidence is shot. 68 more hours...