Saturday, January 3, 2009

Quick thought


In an email to a friend I predicted (no, really, I swear) a Colts - Giants Super Bowl. The reason I bring this up is that the Eagles-Vikings game dictates who the Giants play in the Divisional Round. Call me nuts, but of the 6 teams in the NFC, I think the only one that could beat the Giants is the Eagles. I'm not saying will I'm just saying could. The Meadowlands is one of the hardest places to play in all of the NFL (well, unless you're The Boss), and I can't see Carolina or Arizona going in there and winning. The Eagles, however, well, they've played there countless times before, they are used to cold weather, and sometimes they can play inspired football.

My other thought is that the Chargers really need to bring more than three guys and get some pressure on Manning. Even if you don't get to him, make him skittish and good things happen. Zone coverage can't cover for 6 or 7 seconds, no matter how many guys are back there.