Friday, October 24, 2008

Bloodbath

In 11 days, we (well, some of us) will head to senior centers, school gyms, and other places we only go once a year. By any possible reading of polls -- outside of Drudge citing Nickelodeon -- this is going to be a bloodbath. Obama is putting up his best polling numbers of the campaign. When North Dakota and Montana are the toss-ups, and Indiana, Missouri, and North Carolina are leaning Democrat, it is over.

Really, this is nothing short of amazing. Five years ago, if I had told you that a black guy with the middle name Hussein would defeat both Hillary Clinton and John McCain in a single campaign, do so without a major scandal befalling either opponent, and expand the Democratic map to include states that were part of Confederacy, you'd have locked me up and thrown away the key. Oh, and his candidacy seems to have caused conservatism to start to tear itself to shreds -- I'd say this is schadenfraude on my part, but there's nothing guilty in my pleasure. The race-baiting, homophobic, do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do moralizing, truth-be-damned scumbags who constitute the 'leadership' of this movement are a far far cry from Barry Goldwater (who's granddaughter just endorsed Obama).

Make sure you catch Ferrell on SNL last night. Oops, broken link, now fixed.